Bradford M. Stern – Of Counsel
Bradford M. Stern has more than twenty-five years of experience providing legal services to private and public sector clients in regulatory, transactional, legislative and litigation matters involving the electric, gas, telecommunications, water, wastewater, cable television, and solid waste industries. Mr. Stern has practiced law at Buchanan Ingersoll, and McManimon & Scotland, as well as in a solo practice and previously with Rothfelder Stern.
Mr. Stern also serves as Vice President, Legal and Regulatory Affairs for Mondre Energy, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Stern was a Licensing Engineer with United Engineers & Constructors, where he had project supervisory experience in the siting and licensing of large-scale coal and nuclear power plants.
Recent engagements include:
- Successfully petitioned for reimbursement of more than $225,000 in overpayment of state telecommunications fees by wireless services provider
- Settlement reached in water utility rate case reducing the increase to intervening industrial clients by 80% from what utility originally proposed
- Negotiated on behalf of homeowner relocation and undergrounding of 2,500 foot electric utility service connection
- Negotiated on behalf of industrial client solar power purchase agreement for the construction and operation of an on-site 5MW array
- Eligible telecommunications carrier designations obtained from state utility commission on behalf of 4 wireless service providers in order to be able to offer federally supported Lifeline services to eligible consumers
Mr. Stern received a bachelor degree in biology in 1974 and a masters degree in environmental affairs in 1978 from Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts. He received a juris doctor from Rutgers University, Camden New Jersey in 1989. Mr. Stern is admitted to the bars of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.